The OCA is a volunteer-run, grassroots association. Local volunteers help promote canoeing, and behind the scenes, other volunteers provide support. All the volunteers are members, as are others, who join to support what we do.
Everyone interested in what we do is encouraged to become a Prospective Member. This is free, comes with no obligations, and allows anyone interested in what we do to attend up to four of our events.
For insurance reasons, anyone attending more than four events is required to become a paid up member of the Open Canoe Association. We provide this option at minimal cost to ensure our events are as accessible as possible.
If you like what we do, and want to support what we do (or better still, help shape what we do) through joining, that's great.
Once you've joined, Membership runs from 1st April to 31st March in your first year, the following currently applies:
- From 1st October to 31st December - a 50% reduction for half-year membership to 31st March the following year;
- From 1st January to 31st March - automatic registration for the subsequent membership year;
Please note: half-year membership is only intended for NEW members. Renewals are only on an annual basis.
The costs are:
Prospective Membership - For anyone, and FREE - Just sign up to this site!
- Adult: For everyone aged 18 or over - Join.
- Junior: For under 18s - Join.
- Family: For families of two or more people at a single address - Join.
We've not dropped Club Affiliation - we're just still working on a way of integrating it into the system. In the meantime please get in touch to find out more!
Ps. Rolling membership (one year from when you join) is under discussion.