At the 2016 AGM the Members updated the OCA Constitution and Mission Statement.
The updated Mission Statement reads as follows:
The OCA shall promote the use of open canoes for self-reliant adventure, exploration, journeying and self-development.
- Members will be encouraged and supported in:
- Getting out and about, independently, in ways that inspire others
- Sharing experiences, embracing inclusivity and diversity, and learning from one another
- Leading trips, and providing assistance to others. who are leading trips
- Representing canoeists' interests in the wider outdoor community
To this end, the Association will:
- Provide opportunities for all members to meet up
- Facilitate training and mentoring, including opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Offer guidance and resources to members wishing to offer an OCA event
- Develop a network of national and international opportunities and connections
The Constitution was passed as proposed: see here. The changes were quite extensive and are highlighted in the text. Questions should be addressed to a member of the Committee.