Chris Humpries will be running the 3rd of 7 weekend canoe camping/touring weekends this year in June. A summary of the details are given below:
- Trip name: 3-rivers & 2-canals.
- Rivers/canals: Rivers Penk, Sow & Tent/Canals: Staffordshire & Worcestershire and Trent & Mersey.
- Section: Circular route.
- Distance: Weekend - 48 miles: Friday night – 7 miles; Saturday – 18 miles; Sunday – 23 miles
- Date: Friday 12th – Sunday 14th June 2015.
- General notes: Paddlers should be comfortable to paddle the distances, including paddling into wind.
If you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack for more details. As it is near to the longest day, we will start paddling on the Friday night. If anyone can't make it on Friday night, there would be an opportunity to join us on the Saturday morning at Penkridge.
Booking onto trips: Please note that these trips are open to both the Shrewsbury Canoe Club (SCC) and Open Canoe Association (OCA), so places can fill quickly and others can be disappointed if places are blocked unnecessarily.
We are limited to the number of people that can go on each trip for safety/supervision ratio purposes. If you want to come on any of the trips, please obtain an information pack, decide if it is for you and then book onto the trip and ensure that you have received confirmation that you have a place.
You can ask for a definite place or a tentative place if you are not sure. Please don't simply click "Going", or assume that you are on the trip just because you have asked for an information pack (but not formally reserved your place).